Sunday, October 7, 2012

Oktoberfest

Every year my husband and I try to attend a local craft fair called Oktoberfest.  It's held in Ponca City, Oklahoma at a place called the Marland Mansion.  The Marland estate is a pretty awesome and gorgeous mansion, on some beautiful grounds.  E.W. Marland was a prosperous oil man, and the mansion he built in Ponca City was constructed during 1925-1928 and cost an estimated $5.5 million at that time.  It is a beauty!  My husband and I took the interior tour a couple of years ago, and it is well worth the price of admission and the time to see the beautiful home.  There are some amazing rooms and neat hidden areas.  I encourage any of you who go through the area to stop and take the tour.  It has a pretty amazing history, which I won't get into, but I felt the need to explain the mansion first.

Back to Oktoberfest....crafts to buy, funnel cakes and corn dogs to eat, hot apple cider to drink!  These things are some of the reasons behind why Fall is my favorite time of the year!

Here are Oktoberfest photos!















No comments:

Post a Comment